Do you need to claim from the Compensation Fund? Our professional team is ready to assist you with your Compensation Fund claim. Sign up below and receive immediate assistance from your own dedicated Compensation Fund Consultant.
The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act gives workers the right to claim compensation if they were injured or go ill at work. Compensation for occupational injuries is based on the degree of disablement. Workers may be entitled to increased compensation if their disablement is caused by the carelessness of their employer or a co-worker.
You can claim from the Compensation Fund if:
– You were injured or contracted a disease while working (permanent or casual), training or completing an apprenticeship.
– You lost a family member who died on the job.
– You are a domestic worker in a boarding house.
– You are an apprentice or trainee farm worker.
– You are a worker paid by a labour agency.
There are four kinds of compensation:
1. Temporary disability
2. Permanent disability
3. Death benefits
4. Medical expenses
The Compensation for Occupational Injuries and Diseases Act applies to:
– all employers; and
– casual and full-time workers who, as a result of a workplace accident or work-related disease: are injured, disabled, or killed; or become ill.
Claims for compensation must be submitted to the Commissioner, employer or mutual association within 12 months of the date of an accident or death.
Our professional team is ready to assist you with your Compensation Fund claim. Sign up below and receive immediate assistance from your own dedicated Compensation Fund Consultant.