Do you need to set up a Health and Safety File for your Company? Our Health and Safety File Specialist can assist. You can be located anywhere in South Africa, as this is an online service.
What is a Health and Safety File?
A Health and Safety File, otherwise known as a ‘Contractor Safety File’ is a record of information focusing on the management of health and safety on construction sites for contractors and sub-contractors. It protects the employer from criminal liability and proves compliance to the Occupational Health and Safety Act and Regulations.
Our Health and Safety File Specialist, Corne Crowe will facilitate the compilation of your Health and Safety File, specific to your Project / Tender requirements and site work.
Your final Health and Safety File will contain the following:
Every Health and Safety File is ‘site specific’. It will be compiled in accordance with the client’s and the site’s safety specifications. The overall information requirements remain the same, and the site specific documents will be added. Your final Health and Safety File will contain the following:
- Contractor appointment letter. (Construction Regulation 5(3)(f) of the OHS A)
- 37(2) Agreement between client and contractor
- Notification of Construction Work
- OHS Act
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Management Plan
- Company Occupational Health and Safety Policy
- Letter of Good Standing – click here to apply.
- Material Safety Data Sheets for hazardous materials used (if required)
- Tax clearance certificate – click here to apply.
- Risk Assessments
- Safe work procedures (Site Specific)
- Legal appointment with proof of training (Ex. Chief Executive Officer, Risk Assessor, First Aider etc.)
- ID copies of all Employees on site
- Incident reporting procedures
- Incident reports (General Administrative Regulation 9 (3) – Annexure 1)
- Incident registers
- Reports of accidents
- Emergency preparedness documents
- Induction records
- Medical surveillance records
- Safety communication (Eg. Toolbox talks)
- Registers (task and site specific, eg. Confined space, PPE issue, hand tools etc.)
- Minutes of safety meetings
- Assessment reports
- Inspection registers
- Inspection report
- Method statements (per activity)
Cost: R 8 890 Once-Off – to get the Plan Only for R2230 click here
Advantages to have a Health and Safety File
- Contacts & Tenders: Numerous Contracts or Tenders requires you to have a Health and Safety File in place to perform any work on a construction site. Without this File you will not be able to get these large Contracts or Tenders.
- Implementation of a Health and Safety System: With a Health and Safety File, you can control your health and safety management on site.
- Apply below.
- We compile your Health and Safety File.
- You will receive your Health and Safety File from us.