Do you need a PBO Registration Number? Our PBO Specialist can register your PBO for only R3990.
A South African Organisation (NGO, NPO, NPC, PTY or Trust) may apply at SARS to become recognised as a Public Benefit Organisation (PBO) and be EXEMPTED from paying Income Tax. The purpose of the organisation MUST however be purely ‘not for profit’ and meet the requirements of the Income Tax Act of 1962. If your Company can benefit from this, apply on this page or call us toll free for consultation.
Advantages of PBO Registration at SARS
- No Tax. Most income derived from Donors will be exempt from income tax.
- More Income. You will get more Donors as most of them prefer organisations to be registered as PBO’s for their own Tax Benefits and trust.
Requirements to Apply for a PBO Registration Number
You organisation’s primary objective must be focused on a cause that is not for profit; AND fall under one of the Public Benefit Activities listed in Part 1 of the Ninth Schedule to the Income Tax Act:
- health care
- conservation, environment and animal welfare
- research and consumer rights
- land and housing
- education and development
- religion, belief or philosophy
- welfare and humanitarian
- providing of funds, assets or other resources
Price to Register a PBO: R3990 (All Inclusive)
Timeframe: 5 Working Days to Apply, up to 36 Working Days to Get Final Feedback from SARS.