All individuals who earn more than R 70 700 (or R 5 892 per month) in a year need to be registered for Income Tax. We do Income Tax Registration for individuals at SARS.
Income Tax is paid on your taxable income. SARS requires all individuals in South Africa to pay Income tax.
If you need to register for Company Income Tax, please click here to read more / apply.
Taxable Income includes
- Remuneration (income from employment), such as, salaries, wages, bonuses, overtime pay, taxable (fringe) benefits, allowances and certain lump sum benefits
- Director’s fees
- Profits or losses from a business or trade
- Investment income, such as interest and foreign dividends
- Income or profits arising from an individual being a beneficiary of a trust
- Rental income or losses
- Pension income
- Income from royalties
- Certain capital gains
Who needs to pay Income Tax?
If you earn more than R 70 700 in 2014 (R 5 892 per month before any deductions) you are liable to pay Income Tax.
If you are 65 years of age or older, the tax threshold (i.e. the amount above which income tax becomes payable) increases to R 110 200 (R 9 183 per month). If you are 75 years and older, this annual threshold is R 123 350 (R 10 279 per month).
How do I get a Tax Registration Number?
You firstly need to register for Income Tax at SARS. Our professional accountant (who has a rich knowledge about the processes at SARS) will prepare your documents, get your Tax Registration Number and send it to you. The process follows:
1. Apply online using the application form below.
2. You will receive an email with the banking details for the application fees.
3. Our professional accountant request your information and represent you at SARS.
4. You will receive your Tax Registration number within a week.
Only 1 Requirement: A certified copy of your South African ID book
Price: R 690 for one individual.
Timeframe: 5 working days
APPLY within 1 minute by completing our easy online application form below.
You may also request (a) free consultation or (b) a discounted custom package in the form below. For more information about each service, please click on the “i” button.