Requirements to apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate
- A Tax Registration Number. If you do not have one, we can assist
- ‘Clear’ with SARS. Your Company may not have any outstanding debts at SARS, or any outstanding tax submissions. If there are any issues, we can assist in solving the matters at an extra cost.
- Company Registration (we can assist)
Advantages of a Tax Clearance Certificate
- Tenders and Contracts. In order to apply for Tenders and Contracts you will need to have a Tax Clearance Certificate. It is a requirement for ALL Tender Applications.
- Listing as a Service Provider. To be a listed supplier or service provider for large corporations / government institutions, you will need a Tax Clearance Certificate.
Tax Clearance Certificate Price: R590 (All Inclusive).
Timeframe: 1 Week.
Our in-house Tax Practitioner, Jack Liebenberg, has over 30 years experience and is affiliated with:
Meet our Senior Accountants:
Meet our Accountants:
The Tax Clearance Process:
1. Apply. Please complete and submit the easy application form. One of our friendly Consultants will contact you.
2. We communicate with SARS on your behalf. Our Professional Tax Practitioner ensures that your Tax Clearance Certificate is processed correctly and in good time.
3. Receive your Tax Clearance Certificate and Pin. Our SARS Department will ensure that your Tax Clearance Certificate is sent to your email* in the quickest possible timeframe. We will also email you your SARS Tax Compliance Status Pin that you will also need to submit with your Tender applications.
Our Other SARS Services
|VAT Registration||R 2 290|
|UIF / PAYE Registration||R 1 890|
|Import / Export License
||R 2 450|
Our popular Tax Clearance Combo includes the following services (You can order this Combo below):
- Your Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Your SARS Tax Compliance Status Pin.
- Activation of your Company’s SARS E-filing Profile.
- Communicating your Company’s Tax Number to you.
- Uploading your Company’s Banking Details to SARS.
- Appointment of the Public Officer.
- Verification of your Company’s details with SARS.
This post will help you get a Tax Clearance Certificate in South Africa at SARS – as soon as possible in the easiest way possible.
I will explain everything you need to know about Tax Clearance in South Africa. Here’s everything we’ll be discussing (you can skip to the section you want more info about):
9 Questions we’ll answer below on Tax Clearance Certificates in South Africa
- What is a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- The easiest and fastest way to get a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- Why do I need a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- How do you get a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- Where do I apply for a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- Do you need a Tax Clearance Certificate for Tenders?
- What is the cheapest way to get a Tax Clearance Certificate?
- When should I pay tax for my small business?
- Can I avoid taxes?
What is a Tax Clearance Certificate?
Simply put, a Tax Clearance Certificate is just an official document that proves you’re in the clear regarding your Company’s Tax. SARS issues all Tax Clearance Certificates. This certificate will verify that your business doesn’t owe any outstanding tax to SARS.
The easiest way to get a Tax Clearance Certificate?
Our Tax Clearance Service is by far the easiest way to get your SARS certificate as soon as possible.
All you need to do is sign up by clicking HERE and one of our Tax Clearance Experts will take you through the easy process.
Why do I need a Tax Clearance Certificate?
You’re probably here because you’ve noticed that when applying for Tenders, whether they’re Government or private, they require you to submit a Tax Clearance Certificate.
That’s because both Companies and state institutions want to know whether you’ve paid all your taxes to SARS. To them, a business that’s up to date with its tax payments is a business that’s trustworthy, credible and good to work with.
If you’ve avoided paying all your Taxes, it’s impossible to get a Tax Clearance Certificate. The term implies that you get the certificate for having a “clear” account with SARS.
How are Tax Clearance Certificates issued?
Only SARS can issue Tax Clearance Certificates. Your accountant or a fast-tracked company service provider like us can assist you by communicating to SARS on your behalf.
Applying for a Tax Clearance certificate could cost you hours for having to stand in long queues (if you do it at a local SARS branch and not online) or when you struggle to figure out all the documentation that needs to be submitted.
An easier way to obtain your SARS Tax Clearance Certificate is via one of our experts. We only need 24 hours (as soon as we have your EFile profile). With our service (as shown above) you get a designated Tax Clearance expert.
Our experts know precisely what documentation you need and how they need to be submitted to SARS not to waste time. We can assist you in getting your Tax Clearance Certificate in record-breaking time.
Luckily this expert-service is actually cost-effective, easy and it helps you save hours. So far, we’ve helped thousands of South African businesses with their Tax Clearance Certificates.
Expert Tip: If you don’t have time to read through this post, just call our Toll-Free number to talk directly to one of our consultants: 0800 007 269
Where do I apply to get a Tax Clearance Certificate?
You can go directly to SARS eFiling website or go to your closest SARS branch.
If you want to follow the easiest and fastest way it would be helpful for you to use our fast-tracked SARS Tax Clearance Certificate service. We only need about 24 hours to get you your Tax Clearance Certificate.
Just follow this quick 2-step guide:
1. Sign up for our Tax Clearance Service
Sign up for our Tax Clearance service by completing the online form above, or simply call our toll free number on 0800 007 269 and we will sign you up.
2. Follow the steps provided by your designated Expert
Once you’ve signed up we’ll assign a Tax Clearance and SARS expert to you. That expert will let you know exactly what to do, so you can get your Tax Clearance Certificate ASAP.
Pty Company Registration makes the whole process faster and easier for you. We offer a Tax Clearance service to assist you with all the documentation you need to submit to SARS to obtain a Tax Clearance Certificate from SARS. Just call our toll free number on 0800 007 269 to start.
Do I need a Tax Clearance Certificate for Tenders?
Yes, you probably do need a Tax Clearance Certificate when you apply for most Tenders. You’ll most certainly need it to apply for Government Tenders and large Private Tenders in South Africa.
As stated in the previous question, a Tax Clearance Certificate is proof that you are in good standing with SARS and no company wants to team up with a business that doesn’t pay their taxes.
What is the cheapest way to get a Tax Clearance Certificate?
Although the cheapest would be to register directly with SARS, it can be very time-consuming (and time is money!) to do everything yourself. This is especially true if you need a few documents to ensure you’re eligible for a Tax Clearance Certificate.
That’s why it might be more economical, when you take your time and energy into account, to use our fast-tracked Tax Clearance Service. Just contact our toll free number 0800 007 269 for help.
When should I pay tax for my small business?
If you already have a business, but you haven’t registered it as a Pty Company yet, your business will automatically be considered a Sole Proprietor business.
That means you’re already paying tax on your business earnings, just along with your personal tax. That means if your general income is more than R75 000 a year, you’ll have to pay Personal Income Tax.
When you decide to register your business as a Pty Company, or whichever Company Structure you prefer, you’ll pay taxes on your Company as a separate legal entity and different taxation percentages apply.
If you have a Pty Company rather than using the default Sole Proprietor structure it’ll simply mean there will now be a distinction between your personal taxes and your company’s taxes – which is a great thing. This implies there’s a distinction between you and your company’s debt, so when something goes wrong business-wise, you might be more protected in terms of your personal assets. That’s why it’s smarter to register your business as a Company.
In terms of when you’ll pay tax, you’ll pay tax as soon as you earn income (unless it’s less than R75 000 a year).
You will also not be able to gain the tax benefits for SME companies should you be a Sole Proprietor.
Can I avoid taxes?
No, you can’t. There is no legal way to avoid tax.
There are only smarter ways to do your finances so you don’t pay unnecessary tax.
You can also make use of our professional Accounting services here rather than hiring an Accountant.