Do you need to register for ‘Pay-as-you-earn’ (PAYE) / UIF and SDL?
All employers should be registered for PAYE and UIF. At the end of each month (after you have paid salaries), SARS will require you to pay these fees. SDL is not required when you start-up, but it’s best to get it done in one go. Disclaimer: We are not the Government, we only represent clients at Government Institutions.
What is PAYE / UIF / SDL?
PAYE = “Pay As You Earn”. It is the process of deducting an employee’s monthly Income Tax from his / her salary. You, as the employer, will then pay it directly to SARS. It is calculated and paid monthly to SARS by the Employer.
UIF = Unemployment Insurance Fund – this fund guarantees your employees of an income for a few months in case they lose their job.
SDL = Skills Development Levy – which SARS uses to promote learning and development in South Africa.
1. A Company. You need a Registered Pty Company.
Advantages to Register for PAYE / UIF / SDL:
1. Compliance. Employers are required to be registered under law. Massive penalties could occur if this law is ignored.
2. Employee satisfaction. You would gain trust of employees if your business is registered for PAYE / UIF / SDL.
3. SDL funding. As a Registered SDL payer, you can apply to get funding for the Skill Developments which your Company is involved with.
1. Apply below. After you have applied below, we will request payment of the fees and information from you. We can then setup your application for this service.
2. SARS Offices. We will then visit SARS’s offices on your behalf. If you did it yourself, this process could take months. If you are not a SARS specialist, who understands their systems and have relationship with the Management, SARS’s services become a challenge.
3. Receive your PAYE / UIF / SDL Numbers. Our SARS Department will ensure that your Company is registered for PAYE / UIF / SDL and receives the required Registration Numbers in the quickest possible timeframe.
Our in-house Tax Practitioner, Jack Liebenberg, is affiliated with:
|Tax Registration Verification||R 490|
|Tax Clearance Combo (Includes Tax Registration Verification)||R 990|
|Vat Registration (Mandatory / Voluntary)||R 1 990|
|Turnover Tax Registration||R 970|
|UIF / PAYE / SDL||R 1 890|
|Import / Export License
||R 3 750|
To view our latest Timeframes click here