Our Professional Tax Practitioner
Value-Added Tax is commonly known as VAT. VAT is an indirect taxation on the value added to goods and services by Suppliers and Vendors in the economy. We are not the Government, we only represent clients at Government Institutions.
South African Companies that are VAT registered must charge an additional 14% on the prices of their products and services. Most expenses will then be VAT deductible, such as rent, telephone, consumables, advertising and stock (depending if VAT was paid on these expenses). The difference will then be paid over to SARS, or claimed back from SARS.
There are two types of Vat Registrations:
Mandatory VAT Registration: As soon as your Company exceeds R 1 million in sales within a 12 month period, it becomes mandatory to register for Vat at SARS.
Voluntary VAT Registration:
You can register your new Company for VAT voluntary, provided that:
You can supply invoice(s) of R 50 000 or more OR provide invoices exceeding R 4300 per month for two consecutive months. If you are unsure, please contact us.
Requirements to Register for VAT through us (Voluntary or Mandatory):
1. A Company. You need a Registered Pty Company. (we can also assist CCs, Trusts, and Individuals)
2. A Business Bank Account.
3. Invoice(s) of R 50 000 or more OR invoices exceeding R 4300 per month for two consecutive months. If you are unsure, please contact us.
4. Proof of Address
Advantages to be Vat Registered:
1. Quoting / Invoicing. Many large Companies require that your Business must have a Vat Number on your Quotes or Invoices being sent to them.
2. Tenders and Contracts. To apply for Tenders and Contracts, you need a Vat number.
3. Listing as a Service Provider. To be listed as a Supplier or Service Provider with CSD (Central Supplier Database), large Companies and Government Institutions, you need a VAT number.
1. Apply below. Please complete and submit the online application form below. We will then contact you shortly.
2. We communicate with SARS on your behalf. Our Professional Tax Practitioner ensures that your VAT Registration is processed correctly and in good time. We will visit a SARS Branch on your behalf to finalise your VAT Registration.
3. Start using your VAT Number. Our SARS Department will ensure your Vat Registration is successful in the quickest possible timeframe. We will email your VAT Notice of Registration to you once registered (your VAT Number is displayed on this document).
Our in-house Tax Practitioner, Jack Liebenberg, is affiliated with:
SARS Services (Apply below)
|Tax Registration Verification||R 490|
|Tax Clearance Combo (Includes Tax Registration Verification)||R 990|
|Tax Clearance Certificate||R 670|
|Vat Registration – Mandatory / Voluntary (Apply below)
||R 1 990|
|Turnover Tax Registration||R 970|
|UIF / PAYE / SDL Registration||R 1 890|
|Import / Export License
||R 3 750|
To view our latest Timeframes click here